Reflection 6 - Flipped Leanring


 In today's lesson, I learned about crafting a flipped lesson plan. I had already prepared the initial draft before the class session. During our discussion, we shared our ideas about flipped learning, encompassing its various types, objectives, advantages, and challenges. We also presented our individual flipped lesson plans. I was the last to share but because of time limitation, I didn't have any chance. My team mates received valuable feedback from me and my fellow group members. They emphasized the combination of at-home and in-class activities in flipped learning and suggested including more in-class activities and improving timing. Even when I couldn't share my lesson plan, I still need to say thank to my team mates' recommendations, I revised my draft and enhanced its quality. Additionally, the teacher provided a clear explanation of the objectives of flipped learning, further clarifying my understanding of the concept.

In my perspective, flipped learning is an excellent method that shifts the focus away from the teacher, who no longer dominates the class with constant lectures. Instead, students take center stage, getting more opportunities to discuss what they've learned at home with their peers. This approach also allows teachers to allocate more class time to practical exercises, as students acquire foundational knowledge at home. Class time becomes a platform for students to engage in discussions, practice, and seek clarification. I've previously experimented with this approach in one of my classes, but it wasn't entirely successful. I discovered that providing students with videos or PowerPoint slides without associated assignments or questions was ineffective. It was challenging to verify whether students had engaged with the material, and students weren't entirely familiar with this teaching method. Consequently, I plan to adopt a different version of flipped learning, specifically "Group based Flipped Learning".

One concern of mine is the workload for students when implementing this method. I'll need to carefully design at-home activities, taking into consideration the other homework assignments that my students are handling in their other subjects.

Overall, I see great potential in this innovative teaching method and its potential benefits for my students. I plan to introduce it to one of my classes later this month and closely monitor my students' progress.

Nhận xét

  1. I strongly agree with you that flipped learning is an excellent method for us to try. I also think about my students' workload that might be an obstacle for them to do more at home. Could you please share more about solutions that you find?

    Trả lờiXóa

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến